Sunday, October 12, 2008

paige bailey's house night

Tonight during our House Night, I learned...
I am distinctly beautiful because:
1. I am the beloved of a King.
2. I can be vulnerable. By this I mean: I am not one who is prone to sharing things about my life, but when the Lord presses on my heart to speak of what He is whispering to me, I obey. And I only hope that someone needs to hear what the Lord makes me speak.
3. I am easily overwhelmed by the power of emotion. I don't mean strictly my own emotions. I can celebrate with the joy of others, embrace their sorrow, share in their exhaustion.
4. I cry when I laugh hard enough.
5. I long for Heaven.
And I can say that these things make me beautiful because I know the only good thing in me is God in me, and I know that He makes me beautiful.
I am the beloved of a King, and perfect love casts out fear. I am sure that God is good and that I am God's. I long to always believe with certainty that I can do nothing to gain more of His love and nothing to lose any of His love.

1 comment:

Hannah Smith said...

be my friend on bspot again